Monday, December 12, 2011

Keepin' the Creepin' PG

Finally, getting a bit better at uploading. Well I've got quite a bit to recap so let's GO!

This past week the whole province of teachers in Jeollabuk-do was flown to Jeju, the island just off the south western tip of the Korean peninsula.


On said trip I began planning all the tables that I would one day like to have. For example, I would like to have this table one day so that I may place a gigantic wheel of cheese upon it and slice into it whenever it suits me. Plus, I love me a good stone table!


Next I found this other lovely table made from one solid piece of wood, cut from a tree trunk and glazed over. I want this table. I want a big tree table. If anyone knows where I can get said tree table, and/or if someone is willing to make me a tree table, it would be much appreciated.



After arriving in Jeju, and finding said lovely tables where we had our lunch, we went to a tea field where green tea is grown, harvested, roasted, and made into all kinds of yummy things like...tea, and ice cream, and lotions (not yummy tasting but it smells yummy).



The next day we took a rather unsettling trip to the southern most island in Korea. Unsettling simply because I can't deal with boats. Terrible sea sickness without Dramamine to help me. But once we got there it was a lovely sight.



Next we went to a place my mom would have LOVED. We went to the Teddy Bear Museum. Creepy as all hell but MAN was it also a kick in the pants. My favorite had to be the display about the dangers of destroying a bear's habitat (see below).


Then we went on the prettiest little excursion once we got back to walk around the island a wee bit more. The scenery was beautiful with a light breeze coming off the ocean. Not too bad for the first week of December :D


The next day we spent the morning at a cactus farm, but I didn't get any pictures because it was raining, and expensive. Then we went to two museums in the afternoon. First we went to a glass museum, which was so much fun. There were glass sculptures everywhere, my favorite was this orange tree.



Next we went to a sex museum. I had to pick the most wholesome picture to post just in case, but I am sure you can imagine all the kooky things we saw. If you want to look it up online, the place is called Love land.



After we returned from Jeju three friends and myself went to Seoul for girl time and shopping. While at Ewha Women's College, in the shopping area there, we grabbed dinner at the cutest little Italian restaurant. I forgot the name of the resto. but if you can find Snowflake Japanese restaurant it's right next door.

While in Seoul we stayed at the cutest little hostel. I literally fell in love the MINUTE we walked in. I can never stay anywhere else, ever. If you want the cutest experience ever, go to Bebop House. If you don't love it, you're just foolish.


Well it looks like that about wraps things up for now. Got Christmas festivities coming up soon so I'll be posting those kinds of goodies. I hope the world is kind to you and treating you as you deserve to be.

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment