Friday, August 5, 2011

Just got in...

Today was the day, and it has been a busy one! I flew to Washington at 5:20am Thursday morning to get my passport and visa, then a few hours later hopped a flight straight from there to Seoul, South Korea where I landed today just after 5pm. I had a little lay over time so I decided to bop around the Capital city for a bit, right on the avenue where all of the embassy's were. Here are some photos, including my last view of Maine :D


Goodbye Rocky Coast

This tunnel led out of the subway in DC, it's terrifyingly steep, and there were stalactites hanging from the ceiling.

my journey to try to find the Korean Consulate led me past a side street with this sculpture, i thought it was nifty :D
All of the houses and Embassy's looked like castles or swanky mansions. Beautiful Architecture.
Statue of Gandhi, do you need anything else?
Found this guy behind some bushes. Apparently a "christian scientist" of some sort.

Statue of a man with an umbrella outside of some swanky place...there he is.

Finally found the Korean Consulate, and a war statue!

These bulls guard either side of a beautiful bridge looking down over an ugly highway.


Well, that's about all I can handle for tonight, time for me to check out for the night. But before I go, here's a great sign I saw at a brewery in DC.
Until next time, I hope the world is good to you.
-Sara






No comments:

Post a Comment