Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sleepy Sunday Snapshots

So, I will probably do a longer post tomorrow since I'll be getting back from our trip and have laundry down time. But today is a short post because I am le tired. Today we went to a Buddhist temple, super cool to say the least. we hiked around, got the endorphins pumping and watched a ceremony. They had a prayer ceremony going on at a few different locations around the mountainside. The main area was packed with people, and it was really a splendid experience to watch the monks do their chants.

After watching the main area we all branched off and I plodded up a side path to find this really neat temple where a very small group was singing the days prayers in the most beautiful harmony. After spending some time in silence at the top of the hill I strolled down to one of the parts of the stream to dip my feet in. While I was drying my feet the sweetest older woman came over and insisted I take grapes and cake and she filled both my hands :D I don't have any pictures of that because it happened so fast and was so pleasantly shocking.

We had lunch, and went to the temple just outside if where we had lunch. When we arrived an older monk came and talked about the history of the hills, prayer beads, and screen printing. I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I did taking them. Until next time, I hope the world is kind to you!

-Sara



















No comments:

Post a Comment