Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Chai, graffiti, and waffles

Ah, finally, getting back on top of the whole blogging wagon. This one is going to hopefully be less blab and more photos :D Kicked off the weekend with some ladies from the coast and various other parts of the country come spend the night. One arrived especially early, and going to the hairdressers was going to take too long, so we just found a cafe and had our minds blown.

OK, so I had my mind blown :D I'm still a pretty big waygook^ _^. Aside from the adorable design in the cups, this was hands down the BEST chai latte I have ever had. I am going back there tomorrow for breakfast and I WILL take EVERYONE there.


Next, all of us ladies went to a BBQ buffet right by my house and we met up with the boys. One of the best meals I've ever had.


Then I took a trip into Seoul with some friends for a big fat american weekend and we LIVED it UP! First stop? Mexican resto by the University, yum num!


Look at that peppered chicken wrap! My mouth is watering just looking at it.


Some of the funniest things are found in Seoul. They're ALMOST on the mark with their signs, but it's never quite there.


I have been searching for graffiti all over the place, and in Seoul I found it.


The buildings are so crazy awesome over here ^_^ I want to decorate the more I see such cute buildings.

After wandering the streets for a while we came to a park. We stopped to listen to the music playing and these guys were freesyling next to this awesome wall.


AND we came across some girls selling homemade sangria in the center of the park next to a live band. super cute!


The hostel we stayed at had the nicest owner, and we stayed in "tents" meaning we camped on this sun porch on the top floor of a building and slept in pink tents!! Definitely going back there the next time I'm in Seoul.

That evening was a bit more laid back. We shopped around and decided to end the weekend a very American way. What is more American than sparklers?


A HUGE breakfast maybe. The entire time we were in Seoul my friend Monica and I were on a mission to find waffles with ice cream. We saw them but never actually got them. We could have gotten them at restaurants, but it's far more satisfying to come across a street vendor. Anywho, the end of our trip was filled with waffles. Waffles for breakfast by the third of a dozen...


In between waffle comas we went thrift shopping *DROOL* but the thrift stores were more vintage, less thrift. On the lower level was the boys section though, and I found this silly painting that I WANT to do to one of my walls, oh if only!


Finally, the last noms of the trip were some waffles. They advertised with ice cream but alas had none to spare :'( So we ate ones that were freshly made, dipped in chocolate, and with fresh cream piping.

I am so hungry after writing this blog, which I shouldn't be since I had a very yummy and filling dinner. I have decided it is time to hop back on the cooking bandwagon (since I'm already on one I might as well catch the next one too right?) as well as the cleaning, arts and craftsy. I have a splendid weekend in Andong coming up where I will be going to the Mask Festival with some friends :D After that I have a super special weekend to share with you, but you'll have to wait and see what spectacular adventure unfolds as the world moves forward.

Until then my friends I hope the world is kind to you and, in turn, you to it.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment