Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Revolution

Ok, so this isnt going to be a typical post with updates and photos and whatnot, this one is more me talking out and setting down some things that I need. Not want, but need. I've come to realize that in moving to a new place I've changed a great deal, I've been exposed to more things, and ways of life and it is time for me to sift through all of the fodder to find what I want my life to be. It's not that I've "lost" who I am or "forgotten" what I want in life; it's more a re-evaluation of everything that I am and have done and if I'm happy with my decisions. If not I need to change some things, so here are some things that I am going to work on this year.

#1 NO and I mean NO resolutions
While it's fun to say "oh I'm going to lose this much weight" or "I'm going to not do this for a year" I've decided that this year is a year of trial and error.

Though I do really like this resolution :P They have a NYR generator here

#2 More homemade meals
I love eating out, who doesn't? But I have been finding more and more that i would kill for a sandwich or a cup of homemade soup in place of pizza, chicken (of any kind), or any quick meal. Maybe it's a little expensive to eat at home here, but I really miss taking the time to prepare and enjoy a good meal.

Having a super cute apron helps too :D

#3 Yoga
I'm not going to say how often, for how long, or what kind, because those can vary due to external factors. I will, however, say that I am going to do Yoga this year as often as possible. It's healthy, it's calming, and best of all it's something that I truly love to do.
I'm Technologically ignant! But here's a silly video I wanted to share on Yoga ^ ^

#4 Clean
I am not a filthy person...BUT I hate cleaning, and my hobbies require a lot of clean up. So I am going to try to be a little more attentive to that. Oh dishes will pile up and dust will gather, but I will try to keep up with my laundry and sweep my floor a little more often.
My usual philosophy :D

#5 Explore
As I have gotten more comfortable here in Korea I find that I have also become rather complacent with sitting at home doing nothing. I think I should try to be as adventurous as I was at the beginning of the year, and go out wandering the town in search of nothing.


#6 Me Time
This goes along with that last one. I have been neglecting myself lately, and I feel very bad about it. So I am going to try to fit in more "me" time. I'm going to make lunches to pack and bring on my walks around town. Maybe I will go to the library and get some work done. I even wouldn't mind taking myself shopping/to get my hair done some time. I find that I am becoming short tempered and easily miffed at the smallest things that people do, and I truly think it's because I'm not giving myself enough time alone to unwind and do my own thing.


That's all for now. I don't want to overwhelm myself with too much to think about for now. Anyways I have a little request, if you can post here please do, but otherwise just comment on my facebook post for this new blog. My request is that you tell me a food you really like to make during the winter, AND/OR if you are in Korea, any place that you explored that might be worthwhile this winter. I hope you guys help me out with this, I would love to hear what kind of foods you like and places you've been :D

So Happy New Year to you all, here's to living life the way we want to and having no regrets. Who knows what the New Year will bring but one thing is for sure, it will be like nothing that ever has been or will be, so appreciate it while it's here, I'm going to try my best to do just that :D

-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment